Tuesday, July 16, 2013

In the Navy Dress Refashion

Howdy kids :]

So something great happened. I'VE ACQUIRED A SEWING MACHINE.
Sad part? It's only temporary. Boooooo.
But my mother let me commandeer her sewing machine until I have to go back to school, which means plenty of thrift store raids, yo.
Aw yeah.

But here is the first dress that I refashioned with the new [old] sewing machine:

Thrifted Navy Dress Refashion

Not gonna lie, this one started out rather massive on me. But that actually worked to my advantage I think:

Thrifted Navy Dress Refashion

Much better now I tink :]
But here is what I did:

Thrifted Navy Dress Refashion

First I insta-removed those AWESOME shoulder pads.

Thrifted Navy Dress Refashion

Then I chopped off the sleeves right at the seams.

Thrifted Navy Dress Refashion

Next I sewed the top so that it looked more like a short sleeved shirt by just sewing along those fancy red lines.

Thrifted Navy Dress Refashion

Chopped off the extra of course!

Thrifted Navy Dress Refashion

Made a big ol' chip-chop across the bottom, hemmed like a fool, and voila!

Thrifted Navy Dress Refashion

And now it's a much cuter navy shirt-dress! The best part [though you can't tell here]? THIS DRESS HAS POCKETS. Aw yea.
I feel like you can always find some sort of shirt dress at the thrift store. I have the two that I refashioned lately, and I have three more that I'm working on now. Gotta love dollar day at Goodwill, right? ROIGHT.

See y'all soon with some other things I've been working on--
Happy Tuesday!


Linkin' up HURR and HURR

6 comments:

  1. I would love for you to share and link up at my weekly TGIF Link Party if you haven't already this week. Your favorite posts, most popular, recent or new! The party is open every Thursday night and closes Wednesday's at midnight. Followed by (Not SO) Wordless Wednesday! http://apeekintomyparadise.blogspot.com/.
    I would be honored if you join us and follow to stay connected Have a wonderful week!
    Hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the invite Cathy! I'll totally check it out!

      Delete
  2. This turned out great!! I hope you can acquire a sewing machine! I just started to learn to sew too. I'm following you on Bloglovin'. I'd love for you to check out my blog and follow back if you like. :)
    Gina @ Gina's Craft Corner
    http://ginascraftcorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! And thanks for the follow- I'm totes following you now too!

      Delete
  3. Turned out great :)

    Thanks for sharing at Creative Mondays, featuring and pinning your post this week :)

    ReplyDelete