Sunday, May 17, 2015

Easy Jersey Scarf

Greetings friends :]

So I've been up to some larger sewing projects lately, as well as I finally finished a huge piece of artwork that I'm so stoked about, but in the meantime I have a little thing to whet your appetite.

I know that everyone and their mother (literally and figuratively) has seen and probably made a jersey scarf before. They're one of Pinterest's greatest lovechilds (lovechildren?) and it isn't any wonder why. They're crazy easy to make and turn out super cute. So, some time ago, I had a go and made one for myself.

Results: yes. Good.

Easy DIY Jersey Scarf

And although I still have a mild fear of working with knit fabrics, I am happy to report that no one died in the process of making this.

Easy DIY Jersey Scarf

Originally, I found this semi-tie-dye knit fabric in the clearance section of Joann's and I really loved the pattern and color to it. There was a little less than a yard left on the bolt, so I just bought it all. I don't really remember how much I paid for it, but I do remember that it was pretty cheap, which is always a good thing.

Easy DIY Jersey Scarf

All I did to make the scarf was I started out by cutting off the selvage, which Kitty assisted in doing.

Easy DIY Jersey Scarf

Then all I did was lay the fabric out, make a half twist, and sew the top edges together. Simple as that, yo.
I'll admit though that I did do the sewing by hand because I'm a big ol' baby wimp. One day I'll sew knits on my machine... but that day has not come yet....

Easy DIY Jersey Scarf

And the end result is pretty lightweight and has just the right amount of slouch, which is v important in any scarf making venture. Trust me, I went to scarf college.


I know that this is just a silly, quick little project, but sometimes you need those kinds of things, right? Yes? Thoughts? Ah well.


Linkin' up:
x x x

6 comments:

  1. Always good when no one dies.. knit scarf accidents are tragic ;) Love the post!
    -MF

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job with the scarf! And you have a cute cat to help you sew.

    ReplyDelete
  3. VERY pretty! I have many scarves made from the bottom of t-shirts...just cut the hem off...cut across under the arms and stretch. I have a drawer full of them. Love this pattern...very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. VERY pretty! I have many scarves made from the bottom of t-shirts...just cut the hem off...cut across under the arms and stretch. I have a drawer full of them. Love this pattern...very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely scarf :)

    Thanks for sharing at the weekend blog hop..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello beautiful! This looks so amazing. Pinned and tweeted. I hope to see you on Monday at 7pm because we love to party with you! Happy Memorial Day! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete